Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby Chicks On Their Way







This is the week! The expected delivery of our four baby chickens. Remember the garden from last spring, we caged them in to keep the garden rats out (squirrels) that's our ready made coop. The only thing to add is a nesting box, feeder, and waterer. Maybe a perch here and there. I did learn a lesson, when I first started looking at the chicks there was a huge variety available, when I decided this was what we were going to do the selection was limited. If your picky about what type you want order early and be prepared to wait for your new pets. Even with what was left to choose from I think I'll have some very attractive and egg producing birds. Here are some photos of the three types I selected.
by the way there are many websites offering chickens, I choose mypetchicken.com

No comments: