Friday, January 9, 2009

Pineapple Palm Tree

 Palm trees are not among my favorite types of trees, but a pineapple palm is a little different. The pineapple shape of the top part of the trunk is what gives this tree so much character. This particular tree has the added effect of a very pretty vine growing through the pineapple shape. I guess I should explain why palm trees are not among my favorites, they are high maintenance requiring frequent trimming of the dead palm leaves. If your tree is well kept and the dead removed regular, then you have a very nice tree. This tree is located outside the back door of my place of employment in Tierra Verde, Florida.

3 comments:

Susanne49 said...

I LOVE palm trees and I'm happy to going back to Florida and to see more of them.

Your tree is a pretty one! :)

Sue's Daily Photography

papercages said...

I agree with Susanne, I love palm trees--- as long as I don't have to take care of them. Like you pointed out they are high maintenance. This tree is really pretty.

Jane said...

Hi Robin,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Tierra Verde to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane