Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Hubby Is The Best Santa!

I told my hubby John, all I wanted for Christmas was to de-junk the house. Part of that process was that I needed him to build me an entertainment center wall unit, built into the wall. The process would include ripping out these fugly cabinets, that where gray and mauve, that were installed in the house when the house was built. They were non-functional, except to pile every one's junk on.

I am on vacation until after the first of the year, and would love this to be done. Its the only thing I want for Christmas. That was a little white lie, I also want to paint, and I've decide to make my own new curtains.

The children have been patiently waiting for the tree to go up, but that's been on hold until my gift is finished. That will be today, we have to move all the furniture around, organize my new built in wall unit entertainment center. Then Up goes the tree, out come the gifts, and everything will look like Christmas.

Now after the holiday the painting will start, I will only have a week of vacation left and a lot of work ahead. The excitement grows in me daily. The current color is a gray called smoked oyster. The color I want to change it to is called weather sandstone, a more earthy color. The stain chosen for the wall unit is a colonial chestnut and is beautiful, if I say so myself.

We have talked about this before and never did anything about it. But I asked for it for Christmas and he made it happen. He is the greatest person I could ever ask to be with.

Here are a few photos of the progress and process of his wonderful work and my design.






















6 comments:

Susanne49 said...

It looks very nice now! Is your husband also "for rent"...? I have some carpenter work to do too...LOL..

Sue's Daily Photography

Robin said...

He sure is, This is the kind of work he does. But not usually around here. You might have to wait until the summer he doesn't do the cold weather :) ......LOL

papercages said...

Your design, his work. I'd say you two make a great team. It looks beautiful.

Pam said...

Wow! That is wonderful!

SkyyLyfe said...

That Was Some Great Work!

SkyyLyfe said...

Good Work!